Reflections


Slept in late today. Should be full of P and V, but can't muster much motivation for my to-do list. In truth, today it seems inconsequential.

I find I'm thinking of all the people in the world who have died this year and wondering how much hope and potential died with them. Cancer, mental illness, COVID19, heart disease, war, famine, persecution, accidents, crime....all of these and more take so many so young. 

All of us who are still here need to look into our hearts to discover our purpose. I believe that as one light goes out, it behooves those left to burn brighter, to use the grief and loss to fuel our flame for us and for them. I believe this as it's the only way I can bear it some days.

Maybe that makes me a naive sentimentalist. Or maybe it lets me tap into the echoes of their grace and courage, to make me stronger and to ensure their desire to do good for others doesn't end with their deaths.

That willingness to serve, to bring joy and peace to the world in small ways or otherwise, that is the glue that binds us all together. And to find new ways to strengthen these ties, is the best tribute I can think of to honor those who have passed on.

Comments

Popular Posts